In case you missed it:
- US Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to Ukraine.
- There was an emergency meeting
of the United Nations Security Council. The meeting has been described as "feisty".
- Russia's envoy to the UN said Viktor Yanukovich asked Russia's armed forces to enter Ukraine and and establish law and order.
- US Ambassador to the UN Samantha Power joked about Russia becoming the "rapid response arm of the High Commissioner for Human Rights".
- A letter from the Ukraine's UN mission said that 16,000 Russian troops were in the Crimea region.
- Ukrainian navy headquarters in Sevastopol claimed they were given a 0300 GMT deadline to surrender or face military assault. Russian sources denied this claim. "This is complete nonsense," a military official said, according to Interfax news agency.
- Obama said Russia had violated international law with its military intervention and said Washington would look at sanctions to isolate Moscow.
- In the second "joke" to emerge from the last 24 hours Benjamin Netanyahu
said to Obama: "I know you've got a few other pressing matters on your plate".
- The US suspended all military engagements with Russia. It also suspended upcoming trade talks.
- Britain wants to make sure that European Union action against Russia does not harm London's financial centre, according to a secret document
photographed by a freelance photographer, making it a not-so-secret document.